The 4 Minute Workout - Tabata Intervals - Ask Healthy Tips | Kinds Of Health Tips
Article Update
Loading...

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

The 4 Minute Workout - Tabata Intervals

 


Why is it hard to get in shape? Why is it even harder to stay in shape? Well, if you're a family man like me your day begins with getting the kids prepared for kindergarten and yourself all set for work. 

Exercise is practically out of the question in the early morning, at least during the weekdays, just since there is no time at all. Naturally, I might rise an hour previously at 4:40 a.m. however I'm pretty sure that ´ s a practice I will eventually break.

The next opportunity for exercise happens after having actually picked up the kids from kindergarten at about 5:30 p.m. There is naturally the concern of making dinner for the household but I guess my wife and me can alternate doing that so that a minimum of one of us can get some exercise every other day. 

However, it ´ s not so simple caring for the kids and at the same time cooking supper. It would be fantastic if my other half could do that while I am cooking. Oh, right.

After dinner there is a window of about 45 minutes before it's time to put the kids to bed. I believe this time is well invested playing with them. If it's my other half's rely on put them to bed I can do my workout then. 

I'm done at approximately 9 p.m. That leaves about an hour of kid-free time with my partner to make the marriage bloom before it's time to go to sleep. At this time we ´ re both pretty much tired and simply want to unwind in front of the TV. Not ideal.

Under these situations it is in fact rather difficult both to form and to keep a good workout habit. Exists a method around this? Yes! Let's look at the solution:

The marriage saving exercise is called Tabata intervals. It can be made with practically any workout or combination thereof however I will simply show you what I do. After having actually done any warm-up you like for two minutes do the following:

 

  • Do 20 seconds of maximum intensity high knee skips
  • Rest for 10 seconds
  • Do 20 seconds of optimum intensity burpees
  • Rest for 10 seconds
  • Do 20 seconds of maximum intensity mountain climbers
  • Rest for 10 seconds
  • Do 20 seconds of maximum strength leaping lunges
  • Rest for 10 seconds
  • Repeat 1-8 one more time


You're done. Go shower. Then spend a long time with your loved one

This 4 minute exercise is actually rather challenging and will certainly get your heart pumping and sweat streaming. Don't be tricked by the brief quantity of time you're working!

There is a clinical study supporting the results of the Tabata protocol. It was performed in 1997 by Dr. Izumi Tabata and his research coworkers at the National Institute of Physical Fitness and Sports in Tokyo, Japan. I'll avoid the details of the study and head directly for the conclusion:

Four minutes of Tabata intervals can do more for boosting aerobic and anaerobic capability than one hour of endurance training!

The tabata program can be integrated to your day no matter how busy you are. So what are you waiting for? Try it! Best of luck!

Remember to seek advice from a physician before starting any exercise or diet program.

Share with your friends

Give us your opinion

Notification
This is just an example, you can fill it later with your own note.
Done